Bank Holiday Hair Vibes👀
We will never tire of casual, loose beach waves for summer. Effortlessly cool, it's the ideal way to style your hair with minimum skill required! Here's a super quick guide on how to achieve this look at home ahead of the long August bank holiday weekend!
Using a Curling Wand
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is naturally straight or has some frizz, you may want to apply a heat protectant spray before styling to minimize damage.
- Divide your hair into sections. Clip the upper layers of your hair out of the way, and start with the bottom layer first.
- Take a small section of hair (about 1 to 2 inches wide) and wrap it around the curling wand, leaving the ends out to create a more relaxed wave.
- Hold the hair around the barrel for about 5-10 seconds, depending on your hair type and the heat setting of your curling tool. Be cautious not to overheat your hair to prevent damage.
- Release the curling wand, allowing the curl to fall naturally.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the rest of the sections, working your way up to the top layers of your hair.
- Once all sections are curled and cooled, gently run your fingers through your hair to separate the waves and create a more natural look.
- If desired, you can finish with hairspray to set the style.