Achieve a salon quality blow-dry at home!
Achieving a salon-quality blow-dry at home can be a bit challenging, but with the right tools, techniques, and practice, you can achieve great results and save on your frequent trips to your hairdresser.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve a salon-quality blow-dry at home:
Tools and Products You'll Need:
1. Hair Dryer: Invest in a high-quality hair dryer with adjustable heat and speed settings.
2. Round Brush: Choose a round brush with a ceramic or tourmaline barrel for better heat distribution.
3. Heat Protectant: Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to your hair to minimize damage.
4. Hair Clips: Use hair clips to section your hair for easier styling.
5. Hair Straightener or Curling Iron (optional): These can be used to smooth or add curls if desired.
6. Hair Spray: For hold and finish.
1. Wash hair as normal and towel dry gently to remove excess moisture.
2. Apply Heat Protectant:
Spray or apply a heat protectant product evenly throughout your hair. This helps shield your hair from the heat of the dryer.
3. Section Your Hair:
Divide your hair into sections using hair clips. Start with the bottom section and work your way up.
4. Start Blow Drying:
Begin with the bottom section of your hair. Use your round brush to lift and guide the hair while you blow dry it. Follow these steps:
a. Hold the hair dryer with the nozzle pointed downward and start with the roots.
b. Use the round brush to lift the hair at the roots and angle the dryer downwards as you move along the hair shaft. This adds volume.
c. Continue to roll the brush while directing the heat to create waves or curls at the ends, depending on your preference.
d. Repeat this process for each section, working your way up.
5. Cool Down:
After blow-drying each section, switch the hair dryer to the cool setting and give your hair a quick blast of cool air to set the style.
6. Finishing Touches:
If you want to add curls or waves, use a straightener or curling iron on small sections of your hair. Don't forget to apply a bit of hair spray to hold the style.
7. Final Fix:
Once you've achieved the desired style, use a light-hold hair spray to set your blowout in place.
8. Gloss or Shine Serum (optional):
To add shine and reduce frizz, you can apply a small amount of gloss or shine serum to your hair, focusing on the ends.